Friday, August 1, 2008

quick updates: USO, RBN, RIMM, QLD

My entry in USO on Tuesday was around 98.50. I exited some on Wednesday @ 99.50ish (Tuesday's afternoon high), some on Thursday morning in Premarket around 102, and I tried to let the rest run but was stopped out below 99.80.

I picked up RBN @ Tuesday's close around 50.85, closed 1/2 just below Wednesday's Pivot R2 (below 52.07), and tried to let the rest run but was stopped out below 51.20 just before Thursday's close.

On Thursday I picked up RIMM @ 119 and probably closed it a bit too soon @ 122.50. Oh well :)

As for QLD (ultra long Qs), I've been nibbling at a small position as we are in the process of forming a rounded bottom on the Q's. I'm looking to add to it on a solid close / backtest of 75.

Despite only spending about 2 hours of total market time in front of the trading desk a day (thanks to being on the West Coast), I've had a pretty solid July. It looks like all my planning and keeping positions on a tight leash during this month have worked out well. 1 Month doesn't mean much in the long run, butif this is any indication of trading while working, I'm definitely happy with it.

This weekend, I'll try and put together a bit about my daily schedule and what has worked for me during what has been a fairly crazy July. In essence, it comes down to taking fewer positions, keeping them on a tight leash and staying disciplined about the trades obviously and maybe just as important the daily routine.

I'll also be sure to post charts of my entries / exits so its a bit easier to visualize.

That's all the time I have for now.

Good luck out there.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home