Monday, July 21, 2008

Not much last Friday or Today

Took Friday pretty easy with options expiration. Had some scalps for some pocket change, but nothing really notable.

Today I didn't have a chance to do much and I knew I didn't really want to have any swing positions on ahead of Apple's earnings. Now I'm sure you're wondering why. Well we all know the economy is bad etc, but my main reasoning for being wary ahead of Apple's earnings was the fact that the rest of the tech horsemen have disappointed basically. RIMM started selling off a few weeks back after its earnings report. GOOG disappointed just last week and sold off considerably. AMZN doesn't look like its in good shape technically (although it hasn't reported yet), and a whole host of other companies like MSFT have disappointed as well.

AAPL is just one of those companies that impacts tech, the consumer, the entire stock market in general and is something to be wary of in a down trending bear market that still responds negatively to bad news.

That being said, I did pick up a small position in GLD today (which is little impacted by individual company earnings).

Here's the chart.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home