Tuesday, May 13, 2008

YGE - Yingli Green Energy - Base & Break; FWLT - Foster Wheeler - Gapper / Symmetrical Triangle

YGE gapped up with the solar sector only to sell off and almost fill the gap (gap remained open). It was on pace to post higher than average volume and gradually worked higher to form a base at 23.47 & also 23.62. I entered on the break @ 23.47.

I sold too early again, like my OII trade from last Friday. It's going to be something that I gradually work on. Still a very solid trade.

Kudos to the HCPG crew.



FWLT gapped up with FLR and was a Trader-X style gapper play.



FLR and FSLR were also great gapper plays today. I missed the entry on FSLR and passed on FLR.

I picked up KSU as a swing. I closed out OII as it hit my target ~76. Hopefully it can pull back and form a nice low volume handle. That would make for great C&H and set it up for a nice run higher.

Speaking of Oil stocks & C&Hs, take a look at SLB.

I ended up taking the last 2 hours of the trading session off, but apparently the Steel stocks I highlighted last night took off fairly nicely (esp CLF). Keep an eye on them for continuation tomorrow.

5 comments:

We traded these almost identically.

That's always a good thing :)

I'm still amazed at how well you can manage that many positions at once.

Easier to manage the NASDAQ stocks as the computerized trading makes for orderly charts. The NYSE picks are more challenging.

YGE. 200% extension is great. you would probably have gotten stopped out on the next little PB anyway. why taks the risk for minscule gain. nice set-ups.

I took the FWLT in a whole different level, I got stuck on the 1min chart because I'm just starting out day trading stocks.
you can see in my blog the FWLT trade that was a loser to me :(, I'll be studying your charts better :)
trader-ghost.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home