Wednesday, May 14, 2008

JASO - Ja Solar Holdings - Base & Break; LDK - LDK Solar - Bull Flag; MOS- Mosaic - Base & Break; POT - Potash - Triangle; MON - Triangle

I had a few solid trades today in LDK, JASO & MOS and I had 2 trades I abandoned too early in POT & MON.

Here is a look at the JASO Base & Break / HCPG style of trade. Those guys have been on fire lately.

The solid gray line is the daily VWAP (Volume weighted average price). The white dots either signify inside bars or NR7 bars, but on a 1 minute chart, I usually ignore those. The other 2 moving averages are the 5 & 10 period EMAs.



This is a view of JASO from March 10th to today.



Most everything I have to say about LDK is on the chart.



This is a 15 day view of MOS. Keep it on your radar for tomorrow. Notice how its now sitting at the lower limit of the recent symmetrical triangle type formation.



Today's MOS trade.



Here's POT, which I was shaken out of / bailed too early as it started to bounce fairly hard on what at the time appeared to be increasing upside volume.



I skipped on annotating MON for the blog as the trade is very similar to my POT trade.

The market reversed pretty hard today and if nothing else is a reason to tighten your stops on swing trades.

7 comments:

Good trading, especially for a doctor!

btw, what is your specialty?

HI
I think you have an interesting blog. I would like to place your link on my trading blog. If that is ok with you please let me know.

Jay

www.tradingwiththeaveragejay.blogspot.com

Thanks Will.

I'll be a psychiatrist. Needless to say one of my favorite authors is Dr. Alexander Elder (Also a psychiatrist). :)

Being able to have an insight into the psychology of trading definitely helps.

Jay,

Sure. Thanks for the kind words.

Woops, posted from my blogging email address.

Great trade management, something I need to work on more. Just wondering how did you get the NR7 dots in your TOS charts? Thanks

chartguy,

Thanks.

I'll be sure to post the code for the NR7 and IB indicator dots later.

I actually ended up scripting/programming them myself in ThinkScript.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home