Thursday, April 17, 2008

CSH - Cash America - Momentum, Base & Break; X - US Steel - Momentum, Base & Break

There were quite a few solid moves off of last nights watch list (BCSI, CAM, CROX, DRYS, FCX, and VMW). The coal stocks continued to be strong.

Two quick charts from the trades of today:

CSH - was a HCPG newsletter pick from last night at the $40.00 momentum break out number. It based nicely under that early in the day and pushed higher for a nice quick gain.

csh-1.png

X provided a similar type of setup. It wasn't a chart I posted last night, but I set an alert below 140 for X. Yesterday's high was 139.98 (which is basically right below a nice round even number, 140.00).

It initially moved lower, and then started to a nice, compact, base with a flag type formation right under 140.00 I entered on the break of 140 and sold it prematurely for a 1 point vertical gain.

x-1.png

Enjoy the weekend. I'll be snowboarding in beautiful Lake Tahoe this weekend. If I get time I'll post my trade of Arch Coal (ACI) later.

Oh and of course for all those people watching the NCAA tournament this weekend, Go Bruins! (Although Memphis has been looking damn good) :)

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home