Thursday, April 17, 2008

4/9/08 Recap & Links -- I hate MSFT

Apparently when I installed Vista, I left auto-update on. This morning I woke up with a prompt to restart my computer since updates had been downloaded & installed over night. After rebooting, I can't seem to connect to anything on the internet. WTF?!

Needless to say thats a frustrating way to start the day. I tinkered around with my network connections, drivers, etc a bit and tried to look for a place to uninstall the recent updates. In the meanwhile, I continue to play around with things and find out that Internet explorer works just fine, but Firefox, my ThinkorSwim platform and anything else don't. Double WTF?!

I managed to use system restore to revert everything back to before the lame updates were installed.

Speaking of MSFT... They plan on releasing yet another windows version next year. W. T. F.?! This one's still in beta.

Unfortunately, I was flustered/frustrated after wasting most of my morning prep time. Normally during this time, I'm reading the important headlines of the overnight and morning. I'm also setting alerts for all the new additions to my watch list.

Ah well, as a result, I didn't do much today. I scalped a few trades, but nothing special. I pretty much just sat back and watched the market.

A couple observations:

  • It was good to see oil break out like I had talked about over the last few days.
  • The S&Ps violated the 1360 level which I thought was important. We ended up penetrating and closing below that level.
  • The Transports, Nasdaq & Russell 2000 were weaker than the S&Ps which raises a red flag.
  • Today's action just puts that much more pressure on tomorrow's jobs number. Although a rate cut by the ECB would most likely trump any bad job number, especially since most people aren't expecting the ECB to cut.
  • In addition, we get retail sales, international trade and more fed speak tomorrow.

And now some links:

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home