Sunday, August 3, 2008

Brief Daily Schedule

Fairly rigid daily schedule (M-F), which involves being productive as much of the time as possible.

(All times are PST.)
5:25-30 AM: Wake up. Begin reading through the days headlines, while listening to CNBC in the background. Sort gapper lists.
6:15 AM: Heat some breakfast + Tea.
6:30 AM: Market opens. Look for base & break trades, watch list triggers, scan through intraday and daily charts.
At some point between then at 8:15 AM get dressed and be ready to leave for work.
8:15 AM: leave for work.
8:30 AM: arrive @ work, briefly check on any open positions
8:30 AM - 12 noon: Clinic patients. It's ok to sneak in a few quotes, trades &/or order adjustments in between patients :)
12 noon - 1 PM: Usually entails driving back home to watch the market close and grabbing something for lunch.
1PM to 5-7 PM: More work. Usually involves following hospital patients.

(Then depending on what time I'm out of the hospital, I try and run one-two errand/chore type thing every day: Grocery shopping, dishes, laundry, cleaning up, pay bills, etc.)

7:30-8:30 PM: Gym, Shower.
8:30-9:15 PM: Fix and eat dinner.
9:15-11:30 PM: Usually a combination of making phone calls, checking up on what happened to the markets during the day, reviewing the intraday and daily charts for the indices, visiting a few sites on the blogroll and finally looking through about 200-300 charts for any setups that jump out at me.
11:30 PM: Sleep. :)

6 comments:

You have the exact same schedule as me, except you're a med student and I work in a cubicle environment on the West Coast, also in the mid 20s. Our style of trading is the same as well, breakouts with holds until end of day. I guess you don't know how many people are obsessed as you are until you look hard enough.

How many trades do you squeeze in between 8:30 - 12 do you think you do on average? I find it is too distracting and slows my work, so at best I can move my stops or close a position.

James,

It must be a whole lot better working from a cubicle.

I honestly sometimes wish I was still a med student. There's a whole lot less responsibility. On most days my pager is going off before I even leave the house.

B/t 8:30 - 12 I usually don't trade much at all and just manage any open positions best I can.

Glad to know someone has a similar schedule :)

Take care.

sex during pre-market only & mornings when market is closed. :)

do sometimes discard diagnosis just to get back and check open positions? You know... severed digit and you're like "no biggie, just put a bandaid around it... be right back".

LOL... lots of admiration on how you juggle both professions.

qqq, lol.

007, haha nah a good diagnosis is the most important part :) Thanks. Enjoy your new iphone :)

What kind of residency are you doing that this is your schedule? Just curious. I just finished an Internal Medicine Residency and it was nothing like this :)
are you doing PM&R? or family medicine?

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home