Sunday, August 10, 2008

2 Failed Base & Breakdowns: Mastercard (MA) & Visa (V)

Here are 2 failed trades in Mastercard & Visa. Both really looked like they wanted to break down and acted like they were consolidating for that break down so I setup my orders to get short. Buyers then stepped in after the break down and after tightening stops on both of them I got stopped out. Funny thing is, if I hadn't tightened my stops and just let the positions run, they would have closed out a bit to the plus side as they closed near the lows of the day.

Ah well :)





I probably should have just taken V short as it looked more bearish and less oversold on the daily chart. In addition, V's volume for the day was more bearish than MA.

3 comments:

Hey wondering,

How do you find your stocks to play the following day, as well as how do you always seem to find those nice breakout plays ready?

I have a little bit of trouble finding the right plays since I can only play the first hour of the day.

Why didn't you re enter both positions when they seem to "break" again?

james:

A lot of it is just nightly preparation and the other part is looking at a lot of charts during that first hour.

Tomer: I missed any clear entry point and didn't like either based on the risk/reward when I did look at them again later in the day.

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home